With the development of sophisticated delivery systems, pain management regimens can be safely and conveniently administered in the comfortable surroundings of the patients’ own home.
Common diagnoses for home IV pain management
- Advanced cancer, AIDS, end-stage disease states
- Low back pain, neck pain, chronic headaches
- Arthritis rheumatism, TMJ
- Post-surgical pain
- Other conditions resulting in severe, chronic pain
- Patient Controlled Analgesia (PCA) and other forms of continuous infusion provide the patient with safe and reliable methods of self-administration.
- Bolus dose capability is available in addition to continuous PCA.
- A variety of permanent or temporary access routes are available – including intravenous, subcutaneous, epidural, and intrathecal.
Advantages of home IV pain management
- Patients are more comfortable, often recover fast and experience fewer complications.
- Home IV therapy costs considerably less than hospital-administered therapy.
- Enhanced quality of life: Patients of home IV therapy are able to enjoy routine activities, hobbies, and in many cases, are able to return to work.
NuCara Home Parenteral Services
- NuCara professionals assess and monitor patients on a case-by-case basis, coordinating therapy with the patient’s physician, local nursing agencies, and family members.
- NuCara utilizes nurses with infusion training and experience, and provides training for area nursing agencies.
- Complete patient training in appropriate self care is provided; this training includes family members who may participate as caregivers.
- NuCara’s services include the personal delivery of all needed equipment and supplies, and 24-hour, on-call availability. To refer a patient, please contact a NuCara Pharmacy near you for an immediate free assessment.