Enteral Nutrition Services
NuCara Nutrition Program Provides
- Reimbursement qualifications and authorization.
- Coordination of transition to home care. • Interdisciplinary plan of care, based on nutrition assessment.
- Monthly evaluation of nutrition status, progress, and compliance.Reassessment based on plan of care. • Clinical resource for patients and caregivers throughout course of treatment.
Nutrition Program Goals
- Minimizes re-hospitalization
- Optimal patient outcomes
- Meets nutritional goals
Vital Care Nutrition Support Team
- Physician - Disease specific nutrition evaluation and management.
- Registered Dietitian - Clinical nutrition assessment and management, product recommendations, and reassessment.
- Pharmacist - Pharmacological evaluations for optimal nutrition and medication management.
- Registered Nurse - Patient education, site care recommendations, and coordination of services.
What referral information will I need to send?
- Demographics and insurance
- Diagnosis appropriate for enteral nutrition
- Height, weight, and allergies
- Nutrition product or equivalent order
- Feeding route and equipment
- Medicare patients may need additional information.
How can I make a referral to NuCara Pharmacy?
Call or fax referral information to: