Welcome to NuCara Compounding Pharmacy!
We work with the physician and patient to solve medication problems. Compounding custom prescription medications provide many more options for patients who are unable or having problems taking medications in conventional ways.
NuCara is an independent Midwest-based pharmacy group, dedicated to the art and science of compounding. From discontinued or unavailable meds to cutting edge dosing options...NuCara Pharmacy works with the practitioner to solve medication problems and meet specific patient needs. If you have questions about compounding prescription services or would like more information about NuCara, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the beginning, NuCara pharmacists have recognized the importance of embracing, and adhering to, nationally-accepted standards for the practice of professional compounding.
- NuCara's Standard Operating Procedures encompass strict guidelines for the preparation of compounds to assure uniformity and quality. NuCara pharmacists verify each step of the compounding process.
- Certificates of Analysis of the compounding chemicals used are available upon request.
- Equipment is certified annually and calibrated daily. Drug storage areas are light and temperature controlled.
"How can I tell if the medication is compounded properly?"
The ability to combine one or more chemicals into a new preparation (upon the order of a prescriber) is the unique domain of the compounding pharmacist. NuCara's pharmacists combine art and skill to create new formulations and unique dosage forms that were previously unavailable. To do this correctly, state-of-the-art technology is crucial.
- NuCara pharmacies are equipped with electronic balances that accurately weigh chemicals in minute increments.
- Our ointment mills and homogenizers reduce particle size, resulting in smoother suspensions and transdermals.
- Our autoclaves, clean rooms and laminar airflow hoods ensure sterile preparations.
"How can I tell if my pharmacy is reputable?"
NuCara pharmacists are graduates of accredited Colleges of Pharmacy and licensed by Boards of Pharmacy. NuCara has taken this educational process a step further by holding its pharmacists and compounding technicians to a higher standard with required additional training and continuing education. NuCara pharmacists are skilled at assessing a problem and creatively meeting the challenge. The pharmacists use:
- Scientific research
- Experimentation in the pharmacy
- Collaboration with physicians, veterinarians, dentists and other prescribers to create alternative dosage forms.
NuCara Compounding Pharmacy Can:
- Customize strengths
- Combine multiple medications into one dosage form
- Prepare special formulations
- Compound drugs no longer commercially available
- Make liquid dosage forms of solid medication
- Flavor medications
- Eliminate preservatives
Our pharmacists compound medicines into:
- Oral Suspensions
- Sub-Lingual Drops
- Nasal Sprays
- Topical Creams or Gels
- Anesthetic Gel
- Rapid Dissolve Tablets
If you have questions or would like more information about NuCara Pharmacy, contact email@example.com to find a NuCara Pharmacy near you.